Man Power IT or Non IT
Manpower Planning which is also called as Human Resource Planning consists of putting right number of people, right kind of people at the right place, right time, doing the right things for which they are suited for the achievement of goals of the organization. Human Resource Planning has got an important place in the arena of industrialization. Human Resource Planning has to be a systems approach and is carried out in a set procedure.
The procedure is as follows:
- Analysing the current manpower inventory
- Making future manpower forecasts
- Developing employment programmes
- Design training programmes
Steps in Manpower Planning
Analysing the current manpower inventory- Before a manager makes forecast of future manpower, the current manpower status has to be analysed. For this the following things have to be noted-
- Type of organization
- Number of departments
- Number and quantity of such departments
- Employees in these work units
- Once these factors are registered by a manager, he goes for the future forecasting.